I’ve been talking all week about how great snacking is so I wanted to include some of my favorite snacks that I reach for all the time!
- Cheese quesadilla: Tortilla, mild cheddar cheese, fold in half and place on griddle for a delicious snack with carbs, fat, and protein! Noms
- Peanut Butter: I can put this on anything and be happy…I can also recommend just eating it on a spoon!
- Fruits/Veggies: Great for when you need something light or you’re running low on your fruit/veggie count for the day
- Nuts: When you want fruit, but need something a little more filling include a few of these guys.
- Greek Yogurt: Protein and all those good bacteria for your tummy, if you’re sticking with the plain stuff add some honey and fruit for extra oomph!
- Cereal: I don’t have this often, but every once in a while it’s a great snack. It has fortified nutrients like iron and zinc. When you pour in some milk you get additional benefits like a little boost of protein.
- Milk: Speaking of…just a glass of milk, regular or chocolate can give you a little jolt of energy and sustenance. I love Fairlife…it’s kinder to my tummy!
- Avocado Toast: Again, quick and simple. The mixture of good fats and carbs makes this a more filling snack for more active days
- Dried Fruit: Pairs well with peanut butter/nuts and delicious on their own. They also do a pretty good job of curing a sweet tooth.
Now that you know my list of go-tos, what are some of your favorite snacks??